Monday, September 30, 2013

Milestones

So I conquered a new goal on Sunday! I ran my longest distance to date..7.6 miles. I am still in a bit of shock. To think about how far I've come, from the girl who struggled to jog to the nearest stop sign to the girl who dares to call herself a "runner"...it's a bit overwhelming. I'm really not trying to brag, and I sincerely apologize if it comes across that way. I just can't stay quiet. My body is doing things I'd convinced myself were impossible. It's kind of amazing. 

Now as far as goals go...I started this journey saying I'd be happy if I could just run an entire 5K without stopping. Four months later, here I sit, registered and excited about my first 10K and dreaming about half marathons. Who am I? Who is this person? If you'd told me a year ago (or even six months ago) that I'd be the girl getting up at 4 am to run 3-4 miles before school, I'd be telling you to go find some good meds 'cause you were a special kind of crazy! Yet, here I am...alarm set for 4 am and I'm actually excited about getting up and getting out there. Funny where life takes you, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment